Saturday 20 July 2013

CROCHET GODZILLA 2000.

 

'Godzillarace' the Abomination.

 

OK. so first off, before I get start talking about what things I have been doing, I know it's been a very long time slice I've posted anything, but believe it or not my life has actually been VERY busy, not all in a good way though. :( There have been a few good things happen, but unfortunately a lot of really bad things, so I do apologise to you for not posting, and yes I am apologising to you, the one person who reads my blog. :P so I will make a few posts today.

Now on to the craft! It was my brothers birthday last month and for his birthday I made him, take a guess............. common guess..... a crocheted thing! yep a good old reliable crocheted thing. Well it's not exactly a "thing" it's a crocheted Godzilla 2000, or as I like to call him, because I completely messed him up, 'Godzillarace' the Abomination. I used a 3.00 mm hook and 4 ply cotton. I will post the pattern.....eventually, when I could be bothered to fix it because it's very messy.

 

Did I mention I hate Godzilla? I use to like him, but now I really, really don't :P , everything about him is so annoying, especially how disproportioned he is. As I was crocheting him I kept thinking I was making him all wrong, but no, Godzilla is really THAT strange in real life, I mean in film making life, I mean, oh whatever. Even though Godzilla is supposed to be disproportioned, I still think I made the legs too big and put them in the wrong place!!!


I am happy with the teeth though, but not the frills, oh how I hate them, they're just such a horrible colour. If you are wondering why they are such a horrible colour it's because the colour of the real Godzilla 2000 frills are hard to discern, and so because I couldn't decide what colour to do them I picked multi-coloured, which was a mistake. But the strange thing is, that as I was adding more of them to Godzilla, it just looked better in it's owe horrible way. My Mum said to think of them like sequins on Liberace's jacket, the more you added the better it looked. (I still hate the frills though).

 
Well I hope you have enjoy this blog post, of me complaining about everything! :P

30 comments:

  1. Amazing. Any chance of posting the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Sorry it's taken me so long to replay to you! life has been busy and I've only just seen your comment now.
      I'm glad you like Godzilla. :)
      I did write the pattern down, but it's very messy, so I have to make another Godzilla to get rid of all the mistakes in the pattern. I was planning to make another Godzilla some time, and write the pattern down better, and now I know that you are interested in the pattern I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. :)

      Delete
  2. Any luck on a pattern yet? The new movie is coming out and have had people asking if I could make him and I love the way yours looks so realistic. So any pattern yet...crosses fingers...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also like to know if you can post the pattern. I'd love to make this for my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love the pattern for Godzilla. I would definitely more than happy even with the error one. Please let me know soon I know a little boy that would love to have this guy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please- I think this Godzilla is awesome and would love to recreate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am also interested in this pattern.. i have a friend that would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also interested in the pattern. my email is witchscottage@yahoo.com
    I hope it is soon you did a fantastic job on it. Thank you. My 3 grandson would love to have one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola me gustaría el patrón de Godzilla x fi está buenísimo

      Delete
  8. Hi like many request before me, I would love the pattern... I work with this autistic boy that is a mega godzilla fan... We would really really live this as a toy,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi like many request before me, I would love the pattern... I work with this autistic boy that is a mega godzilla fan... We would really really live this as a toy,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trivata, did you end up writing down the pattern instructions for this godzilla toy? I have an 8 year old son with Autism who is obsessed with Godzilla, but all the plush toys online are very expensive. I am happy to purchase the pattern from you. warm regards
    Narissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should post the pattern on here or on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also would like the patterns please

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add me to the pattern request, please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jelou, is there a pattern available? I would love to make it to my son. Where can I find it? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pattern please brandie.gardner101@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am also loocking for the pattern, is it possible to buy this ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, just wondering if you finished the Godzilla pattern, I would love to know where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to by this pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! This is just what I've been looking for. Where can I buy this pattern? It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donde puedo conseguir el patrón porfabor

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Godzilla and I too would Love to get the pattern. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. hola yo tambien quisiera tener el patron para tejer a gotzilla por favor quisiera saber como lo hiciste esta muy hermoso y unico ojala pudiera saber como hacerlo, gracias

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hola buenas noches qué precio tiene el patrón de amigurumi de Godzilla y podría traducirlo al español

    ReplyDelete
  24. Por favor tengo interés en el tutorial de Godzilla en español. Tengo 8 años y me gustaría que mi abuela me lo haga. Espero ansioso. Gracias. Fede.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love this pattern for my husband. He has been a fan since the 60s

    ReplyDelete